Full Disclosure Blacklist C


Errant tutors/tuition agencies/centres have only themselves to blame for being “featured” here. Members of the public who wish to contribute information about other guilty individuals or organizations, leave a comment with relevant evidence to substantiate your accusations. More lists shall be added with time. ( Over time, some of these tutors may try to scrub clean their images by having web links from cited sources deleted, but black sheep will always remain black sheep. Mud sticks forever.)

Blacklisted tutors

1. Mr Koh ( BeSmart Learning Place)
Beware of lousy tuition centre which cheated us of our money

2. Mr Kho Thong Liang
Inappropriate comment made on Facebook page: I hope LKY dies soon

3. Mr Perry Lai Kok Fai
By his own admission, he broke a $45K MOE bond in late 2007 to join Adam Khoo Learning Technologies Group. He was formerly teaching at Kent Ridge Secondary, and is now a full time tutor.

4. Mr Sherfeeq ( www.olevelcoach.com)
Masquerading as satisfied customer for own establishment in forum

5. Miss Daisy Pious
Tutor cons parents with bogus service


Blacklisted tuition centres

1. The Ballet And Music Company

a. The Ballet And Music Company is a cheat and unprofessional ( by shinyurei of Kiasu Parents Forums, filed under the rants section which the public has restricted access to, dated 4 March, 2013)

" I also have the same problem with the school. I have been taking piano and vocal lessons from them for almost coming 1.5 years @Katong 112. Recently I wanted to pull out of the piano due to health reasons and wanted to continue with the singing.
I wrote an e-mail to them dated 21st of February 2013 to tell them March will be my last 4 lessons and to return the deposit end of the month of March. They e-mailed me to ask me for reasons and later another e-mail to tell me I didn't give a month notice. I called the school and they said everything was a misunderstanding and they have accepted my notice and deposit to be returned at the end of March.

I went for lessons as usual in February for the last lesson of the month and paid for singing before the lesson. I told them I will settle the piano another day. After 45 min, a lady named Li-Hua pulled me aside and told me all my lessons including piano and singing were terminated and my deposit is to be confiscated.

I was so angry I asked Li-Hua to call their boss or immediate supervisor. They refused and said the decision was final. I called the police. When the police arrived, they said their senior manager is coming down to settle the problem. The police together with me and my parents waited for hours and no show. Theodicy said they gone blue turtle. As we we were leaving, the lady Li-Hua said that they made a mistake and that the only lesson that was terminated and deposit confiscated is the piano, because I didn't serve a full month of March. It is still unfair as it hasn't happened yet and they terminate. I feel so cheated.
I wrote them e-mails and the bosses refused to settle with me up till date. Now I gave them some time to reply, refund my money total $770/- and f they don't, I will immediately file my claims in the sub-court. Beware of this company The Ballet And Music Company."

b. The Ballet And Music Company left my little girl in the public corridor floor outside their school all by herself (by Ashellie of Kiasu Parents Forums, filed under the Music, Singing, Speech and Drama section, dated 8 July, 2014)

"My daughter is coming age 5 and started learning ballet at 112 Katong. Tonight I had went 20 minutes earlier to the school to 'wait' for her and was surprised to find her sitting on the floor on the shopping Mall's corridor with a domestic helper who was waiting for her employer's child to finish lesson. I went to ask the receptionist what happen and she said that my gal was crying cause she was frightened when her teacher played a song with animals sound in it. She added that my girl was disturbing other pupils (3 other students) with her crying and therefore she had brought her out from her class. When I questioned why she did not called us she replied that it just happened and she said she was taking care of her (when I reached, my gal was not crying and this woman was at her desk where she is not be able to see my daughter). She added that she thought that the domestic helper is ours when she is not. She did not alert us immediately but just left my gal w a stranger and let her sit in front of their school unit on a public mall corridor floor. She keeps insisting that she did nothing wrong till I ask for her school management to call me back which she replied I can only write email in. I cannot imagine what might have happen if my gal had just walked away or wandered off and this woman just simply tries to brush off the fact that my gal was crying and disturbing the class??!! I went to the mall management to request to see the CCTV but was told that I have to lodge a police report. The security supervisor who called me later added that the school CCTV will have a better footage of what happen. My husband called the woman and this time she apologised but still refuses to reveal any number or contact person for us to speak to only mentioned that she had wrote an email in for school office to respond tomorrow. I am so angry, how can she pull my gal out from class and not bother to alert us?? What right does she have to leave my girl in the public just because she was 'crying'?? She left my girl with a helper whom she simply presumed is ours?? And this school is suppose to be a prestigious ballet school?? Yet we can only wait for an email reply when something like this happens? I tried looking at their school website and found no head office telephone or personnel contact. I just cannot imagine if something happens to my little gal...."



2. The Learning Lab

Beware The Learning Lab ( by sharkfin of Kiasu Parents Forums, filed under the rants section which the public has restricted access to, dated 17 March, 2013)

" I enrolled my son in their maths program for Pri 5 and he was accepted without any test. I just declared he just scored 80% for all his results. He, I was told was accepted by "The Team".

On the day of the first lesson, I brought my son to United Square for registration. It was chaotic. There was no admin office just a counter for payment and for students to print their lesson coupon. After registration, the staff, after my objection that my son find his way alone to his class on his first day, brought him to his class. This was when it all started. She brought him to a wrong class. For 90 min no one realized he was in an English class for secondary school students. My son was in an unfamiliar environment, traumatized. He said he wanted to ask the teacher but it seems the teacher was too busy. For 90 min, the teacher seemed to ignore a new student probably in transit or make-up lesson. I was very angry, and they said they will arrange for a make-up lesson. After further thought, I think my son will further waste his time and my money re-attending the first lesson as a transit student, so I decided to pull him out of the program with The Learning Lab. The frustrating thing with TLL is you are dealing with faceless people on the phone as there is no admin office or office manager to speak to. On the phone, you will speak to them and they will refer the matter to the mysterious " The Team". As my son has not attended a single lesson, I wanted a full refund, they insist I pay for the registration fee as well and that they will not refund the $90 initial deposit plus the $120 GST. I lost close to $300 without my son having attended a single proper lesson. Parents beware when you enroll your child as you will be dealing with "The Team". It seems they only take in bright students so that they can brag about their program."


3. Lee Community College
Beware of Singapore and Malaysia degree mills