Full Disclosure Blacklist E



The list expands with part E. More names are included in the hall of shame. All are guilty, and attempts to threaten with legal action will be disregarded totally. Errant tutors/tuition agencies/centres have only themselves to blame for being “featured” here. Members of the public who wish to contribute information about other guilty individuals or organizations, leave a comment with relevant evidence to substantiate your accusations. More lists shall be added with time. ( Over time, some of these tutors may try to scrub clean their images by having web links from cited sources deleted, but black sheep will always remain black sheep. Mud sticks forever.)

Blacklisted tutors

1. Miss Mabel Tan Hui Ping
This tutor collected agency fee payment and went missing

2. Mr Chua Ren Cheng
Disgraced teacher Chua Ren Cheng was a head of department in charge of selecting MOE scholars at the ministry

3. Miss Rachel Neubronner
Took commission of $180 and refused to pay despite many reminders

4. Miss Simran Jit Toor
NRIC number: S9620793Z
(Studied at Anderson Secondary and Singapore Polytechnic-Diploma in Human Resource With Human Psychology)
Accepted assignment yet failed to turn up for first lesson

5. Miss Soufi Raisa
(Unconfirmed intelligence cites her as being a slimly built lady adorned with facial piercings; she is reported to frequent Circular Road for activities we do not wish to speculate on)
Tutor hits girl 5 times with stacks of papers


Blacklisted tuition agencies/centres

1. Jiang Education Pte Ltd

a. Once bitten at Fu Lu Shou Chinese Enrichment Centre ( by TU1 of Kiasu Parents Forums, filed under the rants section which the public has restricted access to, dated 25 September, 2013)

"My DD who has been at the Chinese enrichment centre for 7 months. Results were improving. Then few weeks back, my DD complained the PRC teacher ruffled her head and asked to speed up her work. Then yesterday, when we fetch from the centre, she came out sobbing! My DD told me that the PRC kicked her table which hit her tummy and told her to complete her work faster. Poor DD crying and completing her work in class. I confronted the PRC and questioned her. She claimed it was accidental, however, after some probbing she denied the act! I went to talk to the principal and she asked us to bring DD to see a doctor and claim from the teacher and not from the school! When I ask why not the school and why the teacher behave in such a unruly manner. The principal said that the young PRC teacher is not married and do not know how to handle kids! She then pushed me over to the manager and subsequently to her daughter - both cannot answer our questions! But the manager decided to apologize on the teacher's behalf and asked us not to pursue the matter! When my husband enquired about the rules and procedures of the tuition centre in handling such incidents, we only received a simple apology and no further response!

We have withdrawn our DD and will be lodging a formal report to MOE, MOM, MCYS and the centre itself.We want to know the standard, selection criteria of their teachers and if there were any past incidents and what actions were taken by the centre and the relevant government agencies?"

b. She grabbed my ear and forced my head on the table! ( comment posted by Michelle Ho Jia Le at www.bullybeware.com , dated July 4, 2013)

"My teacher is constantly bullying me, asking me to shut up and physically abusing me. She grabbed my ear and forced my head on the table! If anyone of you want to know who this teacher is, she is Ms Ye the English teacher in Jiang Education Pte Ltd in Singapore."


2. Radiance student care centre

Child abuse in Serangoon student care centre‏ ( by Star of Kiasu Parents Forums, filed under the rants section which the public has restricted access to, dated 1 May, 2010)


"Hi parents out there, just sharing with you on my personal experience with a badly run student care centre (by a Buddhist welfare society) in Serangoon Ave 3 , directly opposite Yangzheng Pri . The incident happened two weeks ago, my son turned on the tap and wet the uniform of a boy when the latter left it in the wash basin while having shower. The Indian teacher in the centre scolded him and gave him a big tight slap on this cheek. Do you consider this child abuse? Apart from the physical abuse, how do you think the child will be affected emotionally? When confronted, the supervisor refused to let the teacher talk to me and the teacher kept avoiding me. If her conscience is clear, she should clarify with him right? She gave me a ridiculous explanation saying that my son lied and it’s just a light tap on the shoulder!!?? She also refused to refund the deposit as she initially agreed to do so over the phone.

On the same day, I also witnessed another case of child abuse happening at the student care. I was shocked to see the uncle of a boy spanking his face left right non-stop. It was outright abusive as the boy’s head kept hitting the glass panel with the continuous spanking. I was very disturbed by the whole scene but amazingly the supervisor and teachers were busy complaining to parents about how badly their children were misbehaving and ignoring the whole thing. I asked the supervisor why she did not step in and she said the boy’s mum gave the boy’s uncle permission to discipline him in such an abusive manner!! I was thinking if the mum asked the teacher to hit the child when he misbehaves, may be they will do that..What kind of student care is this when they allow their children to witness such abusive acts at their doorstep??

So parents out there, be careful when you choose a student care centre for your child and don’t be misled by the wonderful programme they always claimed that they can offer. Most importantly the centre must provide a safe and healthy environment for our kids."


3. Tuition Era LLP
Beware of this unethical tuition agency - Tuition Era LLP

Further information was forwarded to us by the victim. She said:
"Back in 2011, Tuition Era LLP, operated by two brothers, Richard and Philip Tan engaged me for an assignment. The fees for the entire month was to be $480. They sent me an email confirmation with the following terms:

1.Please note that you will have to start and complete a minimum period of 1 month for the tuition assignment upon replying to the confirmation email if not a penalty of $80.00 will be imposed upon the tutor.

2. There will be no payment for the lessons taught for any misconduct by the tutor resulting in the termination by the parent within the first month.

On the first lesson, Tuition Era collected $240 from the parent and shortly after, the parent cancelled the tuition stating the following:

1.Her children are both sick and require many days of rest.
2. Her children's examinations are almost over.
3.Her youngest son is extremely noisy and disruptive, and is a distraction to her daughters.
4.Her daughters are not willing to ask questions during tuition due to their personality.

I asked her if she was unhappy about my tutoring or if it was misconduct on my part and she insisted that it has nothing to do with me. As I was worried that the agency would use the above terms as an excuse to forfeit my fees, I requested that the parent explain the situation to the agency when phoning them to terminate the tuition assignment. Shortly after, I contacted the agency, explaining again that even though the assignment was terminated, it was not due to misconduct on my part. I offered to pay them a nominal fee for the referral but not the entire $240 as I was not given the chance to carry on with the tuition, even though it was not due to my misconduct.

I called them multiple times using various numbers and they kept delaying the case, insisting they will look into it when the case was in fact very clear cut. Subsequently they stopped answering all my calls, and I realised they had changed contact numbers to avoid my calls.

I brought up the case to the Small Claims Tribunal but as written in my forum post, there is next to nothing I can do to recover the money. The judgement sent to them by the court was promptly ignored. I have taught 5 lessons (total fees $300) but was only paid $60 in total (by the parent). At that point, I decided to not pursue the case and move on.

Imagine my shock when I received an assignment from Tuition Era (using another phone number) on Saturday (12 July 2014). Not knowing that it was them at first, I accepted the assignment and discovered, while speaking with the parent that I had accepted an assignment from the company that scammed me. I politely declined the assignment and explained briefly to the parent why I couldn't take up the assignment. I then called Richard Tan and politely requested that he pay me the amount that was owed to me. At first, he tried to feign ignorance, saying that he was not aware of the Small Claims case, nor received any judgement from the court. He even asked if I will still be carrying on with the assignment. When I told him that I had explained to the parent that I will not be taking up the assignment, he turned nasty and started insulting me. He laughed and said that he was actually aware of the case but just didn't want to pay me. He told me to proceed with legal proceedings and said that even if he has to pay, he will throw the money on the ground for me to pick.

The company has 2 registered addresses and 1 address which I had requested he include in the confirmation email:

Tuition Era LLP, Co Reg: T09LL188OL
663A Jurong West Street 65 #12-283 S641663
183C Boon Lay Avenue #12-742 S643183
Maysprings, 2 Petir Road S678265 Tower 2B #08-09

Here are the coordinators' contact details:
Richard Tan Siong Lee/Tai, S8422656D
Mobile : +65 97727747

Philip Tan Siong Lee/ Tai, S8304432B
Mobile: 91818618
DID: +65 63396318
E-Mail: tuitionerateam@gmail.com    "


4. Edupoint Tuition Agency
Received nuisance sms from Edupoint

In addition, Edupoint removed a negative comment placed on its Facebook page. The exact comment:"SPAM AGENCY. SPECIALIZED IN SPAMMING SMS NON-STOP!"